I have added some instructions on rating and reviewing the podcast in some of the most popular platforms. You can find it here. If you enjoy the podcast, please rate it in your favorite app and consider adding a review!
Category Archives: Random Thoughts
In preparing for next week’s episodes — which deal with thanksgiving — I discovered Abraham Lincoln’s proclamation making it a national observance. I hope you listen next week, especially to Thursday’s episode.
I just finished scheduling the episodes for next week. I noticed that the count will go over 300 published episodes! Writing and recording the podcast has become a part of my weekly rhythm. Although most listeners are in the heart of the United States, some have discovered it in other countries and given it a try. It is always fun to see where people are listening!
I think you’ll like the series beginning next week. We’ll visit the “Faith Hall of Fame.” Thanks to everyone who takes a couple of minutes to listen! I hope you are encouraged in your faith.
Want to find something using tags? Most tags on the site are references to Scripture, although other tags are also used.
You can click a tag in the Tags list in the side bar to show only posts and episodes with that tag.
It is important to understand the tagging convention.
- Scripture references on podcast episodes, pages and other posts follow a convention with tags for Bible book, chapter and verse — without any spaces. The book is a four-letter abbreviation.
- For example, tags for something that uses John 3:16 will have this tag: John3:16. The tags for Matthew 10:6 will be: Matt10:6.
- Note: when a passage with multiple verses is used, only the first verse is used as a tag. The tag for Matthew 28:18-20 would appear as Matt28:18.
- Topics may also be used as tags.
Yes, I talk about a famous pair of guns in an episode next week. They were worn by General Patton in WWII. Be sure to listen to see what they have to do with the Beautitude about peacemakers!
I had fun this week. I purchased a t-shirt with a custom print of the podcast cover. The quality of the shirt wasn’t the best — it shrank a bit in the wash. But overall, I enjoy it!
I’ve also posted up the episodes for next week which look at the Beatitude about hungering and thirsting for righteousness. I hope you enjoy the podcast as much as I enjoy doing it!
I spent time today recording and posting next week’s episodes. They are focused on work in honor of Labor Day. I’ll return to the Beatitudes the following week. I hope you enjoy!
Mary Tuggle is over 90 years of age. You can find her most Sunday mornings encouraging people at the Golden Valley Christian Church. She has a keen sense of humor and enjoys teasing her friends. Mary also writes a weekly article for the church website. It always starts with some interesting tidbit, usually of history. Take a moment to check out her creative reporting in the site’s sermon archive. She is an excellent example of encouraging others!
- Do you know what one of the most undervalued qualities of leadership is?
- Do you know how a blistered foot relates to the fruit of the Spirit?
- How should we respond to a culture that is increasingly hostile to Christians?
The answers to these questions and more can be found in next week’s (July 18-24) episodes of the podcast. I hope you listen!
Do you need some courage? Are you facing a difficult situation, a bad diagnosis or ridicule because of your faith? Be sure to listen to the podcast next week when I focus on the fruit of the Spirit we call courage.