People love clothes! We have closets full of clothes. And builders of new homes keep adding even bigger closets. And some people love shopping for clothes. Me? I’m more of a “hunter” – you know, scout it, find it, bag it and drag it! Others love the experience of looking at and trying on clothing.
Just how much do people love clothing? Did you know the following?
- Each American will spend an average $1,141 per year for clothing. That’s each American!
- The average American purchases 64 new garments each year. I’m not sure I’ve purchased that many in 10 years! So, some people must be buying a lot of clothes to make the average!
- This is not just an American phenomenon. In the United Kingdom, it is estimated that more than $6.7 billion worth of unworn clothing is currently hanging in the nations’s closets.
- In Germany, the average person pays €800 per year for clothing, that’s close to a $1,000.
- By 2025, the US apparel market size is expected to grow to $285 billion, placing it third behind the European Union and China.*
If only we were as focused on clothing ourselves with kindness! That’s what we should do. Colossians 3:12 says, “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.”(NIV)
Today, before you leave the house, wrap yourself in kindness.
*Brandon Gaille, “Apparel Market Size,” brandongaille.com, April 12, 2015, https://brandongaille.com/apparel-market-size/
Please provide feedback and suggestions at: https://www.sparkingfaith.com/feedback/
Bumper music “Landing Place” performed by Mark July, used under license from Shutterstock.